Sunday, September 26, 2010

9/26 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  If you have a Murphy gas station - the one's around here are at Wal-mart - and you use them - you might want to go to http://www.murphyusa.com/ and sign up for their e-offers - last time in an e-mail - I got a coupon for a free Dr. Pepper - listed the code on Listia and got over 400 credits - and my husband drank the drink.  Today, I got a $1 off $20 in gas coupon.  Nice to get a little break on the gas every now and then :)  I also printed out a $5/$25 coupon from Rite-Aids video rewards program - so, while I purchased some Diet Cokes for my husband (even though he prefers Pepsi) and some dental hygiene products with coupons - I got a bunch of a total of $9 in Up-reward cash to use - and I did - took 3 transactions - but I now have Halloween candy and we each got a pair of flip-flops (clearanced for .75/each) to wear on our beach vacation.  This year, my daughter's math team decided to "make" their own t-shirts - buying all of the supplies from Michaels - she has a 40% off one item from the newspaper that was delivered and she printed a 20% off her total offer for the rest of the items.  Hopefully, she will grow-up to be fiscally prudent :)

No comments: