Saturday, June 2, 2012

6/2 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  So, my daughter and I are going to eat what we have and spend no $ money this week since we have plenty - I have a few free Greek yogurt coupons in my coupon pouch - so, may use those.  But in any event, above is part of the roasted veggies - zucchini, grape tomatoes, onions, and garlic.  The seasoning - I used "Greek'n Greens and Seasoned Salt from http://www.herbnrenewal.com/ .  This is not a paid advertisement for them - but the seasonings are wonderful and relatively frugal.  So any way, I plan to use the veggies in pasta and salads.  To be even more frugal and kinder to the environment - I tried to be very mindful - seems easier when you have time.  So, while rinsing the veggies - I rinsed them over a pot to catch the water to use on my outdoor plants.  The peels went into the compost.  I used as much of "residual" energy as I could.  For instance, I boiled the pasta for about 5 minutes, turned the stove off to let the pasta finish cooking with hot coil and boiled water - but for a lid, I placed a cookie sheet with sliced veggies waiting for their turn to go into the oven - I had 4 cookie sheets going - 3 roasting while the other was waiting.  Used the pasta water on the plants too for a bit of fertilizer.  Today, we are going to clean, sew, and then I will take my daughter to get a gift certificate for her friend - for her birthday.  They are baking at her house for their "party".  For free exercise and entertainment - we have been "walking" our dog (currently - we think she is meany).  Anyway, earlier - we saw 2 adult rabbits grazing in our back yard - they have a dug? a small opening to get in and out under the fence - too small for the meany.  They must like the grass and weeds in the backyard because we don't use any chemicals back there.  Anyway, now there is baby bunny running in and out of the bottom of our deck - lattice makes it easy for it to get in and out - and keeps the dog out.  The dog almost got the baby - it was "shivering" with fright - so, my daughter wants the dog on a lease so she can attempt to get the baby.  In the meantime, we are hoping the baby finds it way out of the yard through that hole dug by its parents? or friends.

No comments: