Wednesday, June 27, 2012

6/27 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  Got a decision from the tax assessor of our beach lot - the valuation has been dropped just a tad under $30K.  That means less property taxes - I am sure that will be the next mailing - the amount owed.  My daughter made spinach pie - and substitued the cheese for straight mozzarella - it is yummy.  Last night, I also made a batch of vegetarian curry so that we don't have to cook.  We have a heat wave going on.  The insurance company has not called back with their decision yet.  Since I want them to take their time - I will give them another day before I follow up.  Besides, I am too tired to be nice today.  I poured enzyme cleaner on my tub last night - now I will clean it.  I have changed my work schedule to go in an hour later - and of course stay an hour later.  That extra hour actually ends up making the end of my day longer because of the traffic.  But, it feels so luxurious to be able to sleep in a 1/2 hour or an hour in the morning.  I have beeing sleeping in 1 hour extra every other day and taking a brisk 20 minute walk on the other morning.  It is so nice to do so.  Frugal to work on keeping myself healthy - and free too :)  My daughter's new-to-her car fund is building up steadily - knock-on-wood, Murphy hasn't visited.

No comments: