Saturday, February 2, 2013

2/2 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  This morning, we spent some time discussing our retirement accounts.  We've had most of our funds in the second most conservative index fund and new contributions going to a stock fund and a small-cap fund.  With this recent run-up, and our desire to definitely retire in the next five years or less - we decided to move all of our funds and new contributions to the second most conservative index fund.  We decided we are not going to beat ourselves up either way, if the market takes a big dip or jump.  We just want to manage our risk to what we are comfortable with.  We hope we won't need the funds for a while - and we know people generally live a lot longer - so, don't want to go so conservative to be losing buying power - so, although not my natural inclination - and without any arm twisting, I followed in my husband's footsteps.  I started working on the quilt.  We were going to go out for lunch - but with the weather not cooperating a bit of hail?snow?sleet? - we decided to stay in.  So, in the crockpot is a nice soup and I will heat up my free pack of Naan.

No comments: