Monday, October 11, 2010

10/11 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  I was just going to relax today.  But, I got a call from the rental agent about the house in which the couple are divorcing.  She asked if I could get the utilities turned on.  Water - no problem.  Electric company - I needed to come out there personally and could set up a landlord's account (in the future - just a phone call and reduced fee to switch services.  Hmmm - so, I printed a coupon for a free 16 oz drink at the Pilot Travel center - good thing their gas prices are cheap - and I got a caramel machiato.  Then to Aldi.  I got a very large pumpkin for $1.99 - other stores have them for $3.99 - so, it will be decoration for a bit - and then I will roast the seeds and make pumpkin puree for pies, etc.  So, $1.99 is a good deal.  I also got some other produce at great prices.  Then to Kroger to get in on the buy 10 certain items, get $5 off.  So, I bought 30 items, with $15 off and coupons, I paid $6.XX.  Also did some grocery maintenance - made salads, boiled eggs, etc. for lunches this week.  No mail, but was happy the DOW stayed above 11,000 :)  Blockbuster Express sent a code for a free movie - good for today only - we didn't rent one - but the code is MBBX2.

No comments: