Monday, October 25, 2010

10/25 Expressions

Today is the home-made chicken noodle soup edition :)  Both my daughter and I are home with something.  Mine is a sinus infection and hers is a cold.  To help us along - I took some home-made chicken broth out of the freezer, a couple of cans of chicken breast meat out of the pantry, carrots and onion from the fridge, noodles from the "Italian" basket we "won", a bit of mashed potato flakes, and "Good 'n Garlicky" spice from Herb'n Renewal - I sweated? the diced carrots and onions in olive oil also out of the basket.  The entire concoction is now simmering on the oven - and hopefully, we will both be eating an early lunch and then take a nap.  Not a frugal tip as I understand electricity and water costs more during "regular business hours" - but I have my washing machine running and hopefully, I can catch up on laundry too.  This weekend, we went to the German restaurant and enjoyed their festive atmosphere - but it seems their 1/2 priced gift certificate rules have changed.  Only 1 gift certificate per visit - even though when you purchase $50 in giftcertificates - and they used to send a $50 certificate - now they send 2 $25 ones - so, that was a bit of a bummer.  I realize it is better for them and their business.  We were able to get a few good deals at Rite Aid combining sales, UP rewards, and coupons.  Saturday, I used a home-mailer coupon for a free 6 pack of Pansies with any purchase at a local nursery.  I purchased a pack - so, it was a BOGO deal for me.  So, my front planters now look a bit festive with the Pansies planted - well worth the $2.50 out of pocket.  Still trying to convince myself to get a few mums.

No comments: