Sunday, October 31, 2010

10/31 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  I found the $5 off $5 or more Hallmark Stores coupons in my free subscription magazine Mid-West Living.  I am hoping to find more because my daughter loves the candy cane flavored candy bark sold this time of year.  She can get two small boxes with that coupon for just over $1 - which she did yesterday.   I am hoping the coupon will be in more of my freebie subscriptions.  I did some grocery maintenance - I froze some left-over chocolate cake.  I am hoping it will be good crumbled in a trifle later on this month.  I have a big pot of homemade chicken noodle soup cooking too.  I have cornbread muffins in the freezer that will can accompany the soup.  My neighbor brought me a bag of of apples she picked from one of those "U Pick" places.  I cored, peeled and froze them - hopefully, they will be good in future apple pies - one of which will be going back to her.  I am ready for the few Trick or Treaters that we get - I got several packages of "free" candy from Rite Aid this month - using the UP reward coupons. 

No comments: