Saturday, January 15, 2011

1/15 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the week:  Yesterday we enjoyed a take-out lunch on the cheap!  My husband picked-up 2 appetizers from Applebees with the $10 promotional gift certificate we received and then he stopped at Frizzles with a $10 1/2 priced gift certificate and ordered wings.  Both places cost a few bucks more than what the gift certicate covered - but, it was a fun meal for the three of us and we had a bit of leftovers.  Yesterday, I did my grocery shopping at Publix - after sales, coupons,refunds and the $50 Visa Debit Card certificate, I spent no additional money out of my pocket :)  We are set for the week.  In other news . . . my frugal gene must have rubbed off on my daughter.  She and my husband went to the library because she had 2 overdue books and owed fines.  Smart cookie that she is, she went to the librarian that she does volunteer work for.  Without even asking, the lady told her - her fine is forgiven  - a perk of her being a volunteer.  Also, I sure hope my daughter keeps better track of when her books are due - because she was going to have to pay with "her" money.  The stock market has been doing so well, I am kind of sad that I moved our retirement accounts to a more conservative mix . . . but, we have resolved to stay there.  Of course we are still 100% in stocks for non-retirements.  Although the "economy" seems to be getting better - there is still so much uncertainty . . .

No comments: