Sunday, January 16, 2011

1/16 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the weekend:  Today, I was notified that we will come into a small windfall . . . it will all be ear marked for my daughter's education fund.  I had a pretty hefty goal for this year - now we have breathing room - but, I still hope we save the goal amount and the windfall will still truly be a windfall :)  I cashed in Swagbucks for another $5 Amazon GC.  I think I will start "saving" them in my Amazon account for the next time I "need" to order something.  We did a bit of freebie shopping this afternoon with Rite Aid UP rewards and CVS Extra-care coupons plus regular coupons.  I know the Health Saver's Account rules have changed - but I am hoping Saline solution for contacts still qualifies. Tomorrow we are "off" for MLK's birthday.  My dad is treating us to lunch at a new buffet place in town.  Hopefully the frugal me won't overeat as the New Year me would like to lose a few pounds.  I know this sounds crazy - but I looked up ideas to recycle t-shirts - we have plenty of them and I have donated a bunch to Purple Heart, etc.  Just about everytime we donate blood - they give us a t-shirt.  I found an idea to sew underwear.  I think I will sew a few pair for myself. 

No comments: