Saturday, January 8, 2011

1/8 Expressions

We had our freebie breakfast at Chick-Fil-A this morning.  Since it was in the mall, I stopped by Bath and Body Works with the $10 off $30 IP coupon.  I was hoping to find a deep discount on refills since I am out.  Yes, it is an indulgence :)  We found the 2 packs for $3.19 each (they were winter holiday scents - but I like those scents) - so, I got 20 refills for $22.XX after coupon.  We also got our free Cappuccino from the Pilot Travel Center - cheap produce and lunch snacks from Aldi.  At Panera, it cost us just over $1 after the $10 mypoints gift certificate for 2 1/2 sandwiches, 2 bags of chips, a small fountain drink (shared), and a strawberry and cream scone.  Yup, I am a cheap date ;)  I made oatmeal raisin cookies and they are gone.  I will make a double batch later today.  It will heat up the house - and I have the ingredients.  I got 2 bags of Quaker Oats (the $1 5 serving bag from Dollar General) for tax only last week.  Since we cleaned out the pantry last weekend (got rid of expired stuff, etc) and organized everything, it is much easier to plan meals.  This year, I hope to eat more healthy, and cut costs (mainly by avoiding waste and selective stocking up and better menu planning).  Sadly, this year we won't get a pay raise - unless you count the temporary 2% reduction in Social Security.  Oh, in today's mail, I got a $50 giftcard from T-mobile.  Instead of considering it "fun money" - I am going to use it for groceries and see how far I can stretch it :)

No comments: