Thursday, December 27, 2012

12/27 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  Progress toward decluttering - I found a chair, household items, suit case, and more clothes to donate.  Pick-up is set for tomorrow.  I redeemed mypoints for a $10 Panera gift card for my husband.  I just printed a few coupons for things I had planned to purchase anyway.  My bonus hit my bank account.  I transferred some to my daughter's college savings account and  to our savings account.  I called the realtor about our 2 vacant properties.  Both need to be cleaned before being put up for rent.  I asked for them to be put up asap. Apparently the house has a lot of stuff left including new children's clothing, amoir, etc.  They are going to hire a subcontractor to get the stuff out and clean  - sadly, sounds like both tenants will lose their deposits.  I guess people have money to burn these days?

Added:  Yikes, the bad weather has caused a tree limb to fall the yard of another rental property.  The property manager thinks it may have knocked a shutter down.  She is going out to the property to check.  When it rains, it pours.  Mail was decent.  We had to fill out a form to get a spin-off stock - an energy company I believe.  Kroger sent some nice coupons.  My daughter and I grocery shopped at Aldi, Kroger and Wal-mart.  I still have some $ left on my Wal-mart gift card.  Aldi - we used cash and Kroger - what can I say, I used a points back credit card.  I also used a coupon for a free sandwich at Arbys - and used the rest of the gift card and added a few $ as my daughter wanted a peppermint shake - they are seasonal - and I took a sip.  So, easy dinner for the family.  My husband, who is coming down with a cold, got his sandwich.  I had turkey broth soup - made from leftover - and my daughter fended for herself.  The dog looks fabulous with her new "do".   I also ordered 2 $10 CVS giftcards from my Chase CC accounts.  I plan to use them for household items I "need" - but hate to pay for - toilet paper, etc.

No comments: