Friday, April 11, 2008

4/11 Expressions

My wonderful husband had the day off. There used to be a time where he'd be too embarrassed to buy make-up and such for me. He used to not want to "bother" with coupons either. But last night, my daughter and I convinced him to be at a new "Beauty" store that opened in our area by 9 AM today. The first 100 in the store were to receive a gift certificate between $5 and $100. I also had a coupon for $3.50 off a $10 purchase that came in the paper. My daughter had her eye on a ceramic curling iron on sale for $9.99. He came home with the curling iron - he spent the $3.50 coupon and his $5 gift certificate - for under $2. Also, the first 1,000 customers are to receive a gift bag of 4 products. Those were very nice and in the bag were 2 cologne sample. He ran errands on the way at the same time - so, it really wasn't a special trip. Today in the mail, we got a very nice hammer from a Lowe's gift card rebate - we used the gift card earlier this year to buy items we were planning on buying anyway.

No comments: