Sunday, April 27, 2008

4/27 Expressions

I stayed within my grocery budget when I went shopping today. Gas has jumped another 20 cents a gallon from last week. Right after filling up, I went into the grocery store. The lady in front of me started complaining right after her bill was totaled - almost $140. She turned to me and said said, "You know the sad thing? I didn't buy any meat." I hit two grocery stores and CVS - on my route to the gas station. What I have noticed is, that I am buying just enough. I don't want any waste. So, instead of buying all different types of fruit, I bought small quantities of 3 types - and they were the cheapest - watermelon, strawberries, and banana. This weeks veggies were in a couple of cans because I still have an unopened bag of salad, and 2 bags of carrots (mini and "regular") from last week. My frivolous buys this week, the 1 cent penny item was a 1/2 gallon of Publix brand tea - a treat for my daughter. Also, I finally got around to doing the Michaelo Angelo frozen gourmet meal deal - buy 5 and mail in the UPCs/receipt and get 5 coupons for 5 more. They look delicious - and will be quick meals for this week - and "free" when I buy them next time. While I made lunch for my husband and daughter, mine was soup made from bits of leftover veggies and a bit of provolone cheese. It was quite tasty. So, not much going into the compost this week.

No comments: