Saturday, April 26, 2008

4/26 Expressions

We are normally DIYers. Our lawn needs help (neglected by the former owners)- and we have tried a few things. Our neighbors hire professional help - and to be quite honest - we can tell a difference. Well, we got a call from a lawn care company today - they gave DH a quote. More than I want to spend - but, perhaps with a few treatments we can reguvenate it and save money in the long run and keep our neighbors happy too. So, out of habit, I asked my husband - while he was holding the phone - do they offer a discount (doesn't hurt to ask) - and he asked. Yup, 20% off the first treatment and 5% thereafter and we can quit the treatments when we want to (aka - no contract). A bit vain and conforming - perhaps - but, at least I got a frugal jab in :)

1 comment:

Tim said...

I made the switch to using professionals for the fertilization of my lawn, and I also notice a difference. Its only slightly more expensive than doing it myself (about $40 professionally, and $30 DIY), and the lawn seems a little bit greener.