Monday, April 21, 2008

4/21 Expressions

Mail was good - a sample of mineral make-up and a survey check. I watched 1/2 of a "Trading Spouses" show. One family had money in the bank - so, they weren't excited to be left $5,000 for debt. The other had plenty of debt and was not excited to only get $2,000 for bills. One left $15,000 for mutual funds - to a family that had no idea what a mutual fund will do for them and the other, got left $20,000 for a new car which left the husband angry because he had a perfectly good one and preferred money for his children's college educations. The moral of the story, even though I was goofing off, I got a dose of financial education :) The other frugal thing, I sold a book on half.com. It wasn't for much money - so, it almost isn't worth the drive to the post office a few minutes away from work. So, to make it worth while, I found 6 items to drop off at the consignment shop. Hopefully, I will earn a few bucks, and of course, more clutter out of the house is nice. I sure don't want to be dusting things in retirement :)

No comments: