Wednesday, April 2, 2008

4/2 Expressions

As I am sure I have mentioned before, I am eligible to retire early on 4/1/09 - no joke. Not "regular" retirement - but if my employer offers an early retirement - I will have enough time - and although the pay-out won't be all that great - it will be nice to be "retired" as a "forty-something" :). So, the only debt we have - other than what we charge on the credit cards and pay-off immediately when the bill arrives, is the mortgage on our condo - yup, that cutie linked on the right. I want to pay it off ASAP - so, I am thinking - I opened an on-line account a couple of years ago when the interest rate was pretty good. Now, the interest rates aren't so hot - although they beat the local ones. There's not much in it, but, I think it is time to close it out and start an all out campaign to pay that mortgage off.

2 comments:

Kim said...

How wonderful it would be to retire at 40something. That is my goal, I don't know if it will happen or not!

A Frugal Mom's Financial Expressions said...

Thanks for commenting! What a beautiful baby. I hope you get to retire "early" too. I am sure everyone, everywhere will hear my screams when it happens. I hope I am offered an early retirement next year when I am eligible. My co-workers look at me in disbelief because my retirement will be "reduced" for leaving early - but, we have lived frugally, saved, and invested for while now :)