Tuesday, April 15, 2008

4/15 Expressions

Since we filed early for once - I went to http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=96596,00.html to find out the status of our federal tax refund. It seems to have gotten there and is being processed. I asked my wonderful husband why he didn't e-file. He said - "It costs money." The frugal bug must have caught him. Of course if I were a tireless frugalite, I would calculate how much interest we could have gotten had we put the refund in the bank. But knowing rates aren't too hot these days, I would rather "guestimate" that the filing fees would out-weigh any interest earned. In the mail today, a coupon from Victoria's Secret for a free undergarment item. Wow, I checked out some HUD properties in CA - not that we live there, and there are some drastically reduced property that appears to be in good condition. This is not advice to buy anything from HUD - but for entertainment, a rude awakening, just pure nosy-ness, here is the site: http://www.hud.gov/homes/index.cfm

No comments: