Thursday, April 17, 2008

4/17 Expressions

Not much frugal or unfrugal today. The weather was lovely so I gave the garden a drink. I did receive property appraisals from the county for our rental properties but not our primary home. I have sent in written protests in the past - and so far, everyone that we have protested (4 times in the last 10 years), we have gotten a reduction of some kind. Many counties have tax appraisal information available to the public - this can be good and bad. To see if your county has one, you can search XXX (name) County Tax Assessor XXX (state) - and if something comes up - you may have to click around some - but you can check your numbers on-line if your county has gone electronic.

1 comment:

Dirkey said...

My father always does this and gets reductions. This past year they reduced the house and increased the land. grrrr.
We just bought our house so I'm sure we'll be playing this game soon.