Thursday, November 11, 2010

11/11 Expressions

Today is a day of rememberance for our Veterans.  I want to say thank-you for your service.  Yesterday, I made a quick stop at Publix.  The cashier was so excited - I "saved" $60 and spent $33 - I told her I had a $10 rebate on my turkey - so, when I get that rebate, my out-of-pocket is even less.  Be on the look out for rebate forms.  My turkey was almost 19 lbs - and $10.78 - I have my rebate for $10 ready to go - so my out of pocket for the turkey is .78 plus tax.  I don't count postage since I generally don't buy stamps for envelopes - remember - I am a "mail decoy" and get 10 postage stamps per month for my services :)  Nice company - they send me a tin of cashews in December and every once in a while - a bonus check - once a year - last time it was $30.  Thanksgiving dinner does not have to be expensive - lots of sales and match-up coupons abound.   

No comments: