Wednesday, November 24, 2010

11/24 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  My daughter baked 2 apple pies with the previously sliced/frozen apples given to us by our neighbor.  She took one of the pies to the neighbor - who has broken her leg.  On the way to pick my daughter up from volunteering at the library, I stopped at the grocery to pick up a few more items, used coupons and giftcard - and a small bit out of my pocket.  I baked 3 more pumpkin pies from the puree that I made from our $1.99 Aldi pumpkin.  One went into the freezer, one for dessert tomorrow, and one will go home with my dad.  I have 1 pre-made pie shell left.  It will become a turkey pot pie that will go into the freezer for later - and pie dough left will be turned into turkey/cheese foldovers and frozen for fast/easy meals.  While my daughter baked the apple pies, the sweet potatoes baked with them - they will be turned into a sweet potato casserole.  I will make a couple more side dishes - my dad usually brings overs a veggie and a dessert - and we will have plenty for the next week.  Even though we only subscribe to the Sunday paper, I am sure my carrier will leave one for us tomorrow since it will be chock full of Black Friday ads.  I won't be going to any stores as I will be heading into my day job.  But my husband and daughter may scour the ads for a few deals. 

No comments: