Tuesday, March 22, 2011

3/22 Expressions

Today, I stopped by Brueggers and got a free bagel and cream cheese.  Lunch was free at Red Robin's - the other night, only the coupon for a free appetizer deducted.  She said only one e-coupon per purchase.  Then to ULTA to get my brows arched for free (except tip).  Then to Bath and Body Works for a free travel sized body spray.  I stopped at Victoria's Secret for a fragrance spray and lip gloss and used a 30% off coupon - spent just over $10 and got the Secret Angel card - worth a minimum of $10.  Oh, I gassed the car up at Wal-mart and ran in to buy 20 12 packs of Cottonnelle TP, used a .50/2 - which came out to just over $12 - and will send in the "ALL YOU" rebate form for a $10 Wal-mart gift card.  At this moment, my daughter and I are making the butternut squash soup.  Smells great - but it sure is labor intensive with the chopping, pureeing, etc.  But, I am sure it will be worth it.  I also redeemed some Coke Reward points for another 20 oz Coke coupon for the soda addict in the family.  Oh, and my daughter asked me today if so-and-so, who lives in a "big" house is rich and such-and-such, who lives in a mobile home poor?  At first I tried to explain it could be what it appears to be, or it could be something else.  I started with the old - if "so" makes a million and spends it all on junk and has nothing left at the end of the year and "such" makes $30K and spends their money wisely and at the end of the year has $10K left, who is rich?  Finally, I said it doesn't matter to us because we shouldn't judge/define people by "rich" or "poor" - everyone has their own definition and it should have nothing to do with friendships. 

No comments: