Wednesday, March 23, 2011

3/23 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  Today, I took time to take care of myself.  Went to the dentist and he changed 2 amalgum fillings to a resin ones and is replacing a crown that somehow lost it's seal and was starting to have problems.  Money out of pocket - but, a lot less since the insurance covers a majority and he "writes" some off.  Then to the acupuncturist - not sure yet what portion insurance will cover, but if I become healthier in the long run, it will be well worth it.  Stopped at Publix and mainly used competitor's coupons - saved $17, spent $14.  Used a competitor's coupon to save $5 on meat, .75 on Publix brand salad, and a free Publix brand cereal.  Sadly the penny item was pecan sandies - which I won't be enjoying = but I am sure someone will.  Also Fiber One cereal was .25 per package w/BOGO and .50 doubled coupons.  This afternoon, I will do some additional grocery maintenance - still have lots of fruits and veggies from the farmer's market to take care of and I want to cook ahead so we won't be so tempted to eat out this weekend.  Nothing exciting in the mail. 

No comments: