Friday, March 4, 2011

3/4 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  I did not know that my health insurance paid for acupuncture treatments.  My co-worker lost 65 lbs in 10 months and told me our health insurance covers part of the treatment.  I have an appointment tomorrow.  I have gained and lost the same 10 lbs over the last couple of years - I hope to lose it plus more :)  It will be interesting to see if the HSA lets me file what is not "picked-up".  I shall find out.  My counter work turned out great - although the plumber did not leave until almost 10 PM last night - he came at 8 PM and then had to "run out" and get a part.  I may stroll to Lowes and get some stain and hardware since I am "off" today and have most of the weekend.  I think it will make a huge impact - especially since the labor will be cheap - myself and some help from the family :)  I plan to do some mega cooking today so there will be less temptation to eat out.  Although we may order take-out since we still have a few more 1/2 priced gift certificates.  I plan to stop at the gocery store and get fruit/produce and will stop at CVS and use my ECBs to get paper products - the plumber used up the last of my paper towels.  I may also prepare a raised bed - use the stuff I have in the yard - but buy some soil as I "won" some vegetable seed on Listia.  My few daffodils have bloomed - giving me inspiration to plant something.  May take a picture later and upload them - they are "sunny" looking and sure to bring a smile :)

No comments: