Monday, July 30, 2012

7/30 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  This month is flying by.  Anyway, yesterday, I got around to making basil pesto, tzaziki, fried green tomatoes, roasted eggplants, and batter/fried eggplants for eggplant parmesean.  This morning, I got a bit of cleaning in and planted the mint I had rooted at work.  Hope it takes off.  I also planted the mint seeds I won on Listia around it for security.  I.want.mint.to.grow!  We have spray paint and are ready to finish painting the outdoor furniture.  I will be picking my daughter up shortly and meeting with friends at a Vietnamese restaurant.  Supposed to be fabulous and low cost (those words don't always follow each other).  I looked for a coupon - no such luck.  I am on a penny pinching kick since we dropped a check for the FIAT 500 this weekend.  We saved and only spent the limit - so, it was planned.  Even so, I am eager to get the account built back-up for the next goal.  So, I made laundry detergent this morning too - with hotel freebie bar soap - the nice smelling stuff we got in France - and used a mug and the microwave to cook it.  I am hoping my daughter has caught the tightwad wave too because once she gets her driver's license - our auto insurance will increase by approximately $120 per month.  But, her driving is a timesaver and possibly a money saver for me.  Now I can spend the driving time doing things that I need to/want to done.

No comments: