Monday, July 30, 2012

7/31 Expressions

Wow - we just got home and my daughter and I both had calls about "winning" drawings at the Chamber of Commerce Expo Saturday afternoon.  My daughter won a $25 to small business seminars and I won this lunch bag.  Looks can be deceiving.  It has a bunch of school supplies AND a $45 i-tunes gift card and a $15 Coldstone Creamery gift card.  The place was so jammed packed - I really didn't think we would "win" anything other than the swag bags everyone got.  So, it was a very pleasant surprise!  And another thing, good thing we didn't go to the beach for a quick vacation because our condo did get rented out.  Whoo hoo - had we gone, we wouldn't have "won" anything, nor would we have eaten fresh tomato sandwiches at the farmer's market!  Oh yea, I called for car insurance today - the agent was so nice and helpful.  We are down from an estmate of $120 per month - down to about $75 per month.  Not dirt cheap - but better.  And, if we can get an on-line driver's ed course - we can get it down to about $71 per month. 

No comments: