Friday, July 6, 2012

7/6 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  I received a Tide Pod and one for a friend in the mail.  Other freebies in the mail - a $5 gift certificate to Pier1 Imports that I plan to partner with a 20% discount coupon I received in the mail.  I also received the 1/2 off dining certificate I "got in on" - limited quantity for 1/2 price - they sold out in less than 10 minutes.  And tonight, my daughter and I are getting our hair washed with a "blow-out" - from ULTA for "free" - we plan to pay tip.  Tomorrow is my "free" facial for buying a Dermalogica anti-aging cleansing/skin rejuvenation kit.  Mail has been pretty dreary.  I printed a coupon for $4 off $20 for CVS and I plan to combine it with my discounted $25 gift card - and see how far I can stretch it.  Sadly, my stash of toothpaste is almost out - I am down to travel sized and cutting them in half to get the last bit out.  I hope I can find a great sale I can combine with ECBs and coupons and stretch that gift card to the max!  My husband took my daughter to guitar lessons today and while she is taking lessons - he will stop and get a few veggies for me from Aldi.  Even though multi-colored peppers and grape tomatoes are on sale - I am skipping those because I have been getting a pepper or two and a handful of cherry tomatoes every day for the last couple of days from my "garden" (boxes).  My mint that I am trying to root still is going strong - although I don't see any roots on the cuttings - yet.  I also picked 3 more small peaches from my peach tree.  I found a nice piece of vintage fabric in my linen auction box - I threw it into the wash.  I think it will be perfect to make a no-pattern vintage style apron.  Also, Sunday afternoon is another auction - my daughter and I plan to go - I need to make a budget and stick to it.  The insurance company refuses to budge on our primary insurance - but has issued a "letter of experience" for us.  So, now, we must find a new carrier for our primary residence.

No comments: