Thursday, August 14, 2008

8/14 Expressions

Groceries: I like to use coupons when I can. But, I must say, even without allowing the use of coupons, Aldi is a great place to shop for items that rarely have coupons. I went to the dentist today to get my teeth cleaned. Aldi is just down the street. Today's 99 cent specials: melons, blueberries, mushrooms, broccoli crowns. Cheaper than my "regular" grocery store: spinach and romaine lettuce. One gallon of milk was the "loss" leader - $1.99 a gallon. I also thought the "Large" dozen of eggs at $1.09 was decent too. I rarely can find my daughter's favorite - "coconut shrimp" - but they had them today - 10 shrimp for $2.99 a box. I also picked up smoked bratwurst $1.99, ground turkey .99 and a few other miscellaneous items. I escaped for just under $25. This weekend, I will just round out my groceries - probably at Publix with lots of coupons.

Entertainment: Things to do this weekend. A local museum is having a picnic with entertainment on Saturday - totally free with membership. The local botanical garden is having a freebie event for members too. Our community is sponsoring a meet-and-greet of a mayoral candidate tomorrow. Lots of things to do this weekend!

No comments: