Saturday, August 2, 2008

8/2 Expressions

Frugal Activities: Today, I finally stitched the slippers I knitted on your summer trip together. Even though it is warm outside, I like to wear slippers indoors. So, now, I have comfy slippers on. I noticed I still had a ziploc bag of pureed pumpkin (from Halloween last year) in the freezer and I found a pumpkin bread/cream cheese spread recipe on-line. I baked the bread and it was a hit with the family. Also, I had all of the ingredients, so, it helped clean out the fridge/freezer a bit. My husband and daughter made 1 shopping trip today. This is tax-free weekend here and I found a 12% off coupon for Staples. So, my daughter has all of her school supplies. On their way home, they stopped at the library and checked-out a few DVDs. We watched one this afternoon. Tonight we played a board game in our "new" game room. I clipped coupons and checked the web for Publix deals. I am armed and ready for tomorrow :)

No comments: