Sunday, August 3, 2008

8/3 Expressions



Shopping Spree: I love shopping sprees where I get a lot for a little money :) I mentioned I was going to Publix with a fist full of coupons - and I did! My first order, I got just over $70 worth of items for $15.74 (triple points on my cash back credit card too) and I will be sending the receipt in for a $10 JC Penney Gift Card - thanks to Kraft! My second order - items all pictured together was for a bottle of Pert Plus Shampoo and Sure Deoderant - I spent $2.81 and saved $3.70 using coupons - advantage buy. Why did I buy those 2 items. Because I had coupons, they were on sale, and there was a form in today's paper - buy $5 worth of Pert and Sure - send in the receipt, plus a receipt for school supplies and get $5 back! Yup, I have a receipt for school supplies from yesterday :) The one cent item at Publix was the re-usable shopping bag - which they used. And I believe the Fast Fixin products have a buy 10 items get 1 free offer (receive a coupon in the mail) and I think I have my 10 proofs of purchase now too.

After that shopping spree, my daughter and I decided to take advantage of the last day of the "tax free" sale. We went to Rite Aid and got a few more school supplies and toiletries. I will be uploading that receipt to get a rebate back on most of that stuff and I used a fist full of coupons there too. I will have spent approximately $10 out of pocket after rebate - total spent after coupons, but before rebate is $54.56. So, quite a savings with coupons and rebate. Then we went to CVS, we had a ball :) I had $25 in extra-care bucks from a previous visit, a $10 off $50 coupon and a bunch of manufacturer coupons. So, we got a few more like to have school supplies, toiletries, and snacks. Before coupons, the total was close to $55. After coupons, $9.44. But the great part, $13.49 in extra-care bucks and a coupon for a free box of CVS brand cotton swabs, 50 ct spit out of the register. And a coupon that says, if I update my e-mail address, they will e-mail be a coupon for $5/$20. We left CVS and noticed a billboard that said the temperature was 103 degrees - and it felt like it. We pulled through the drive-thru of Burger King, and my daughter got a free icee with coupon, and I paid for an Iced Mocha - $2.XX. Next, we went to Kohl's. We each had a $5 coupon for registering our e-mail addresses. For around $9, she got a pair of whimsical tennis shoes, originally $29.99 and locker decorating kit, originally $16.99 on clearance, with the coupons. Our last stop was Rack Room Shoes, there was a $10 off $60 coupon in the paper and they were running a buy 1 get 1 50% off sale. So, she got a nice pair of tennis shoes, and I got a nice pair of walking shoes for about the sales price of her tennis shoes. We had a few more coupons and were planning to shop at a few more stores - but the heat got to us, and the crowd, and we headed home :)

No comments: