Sunday, February 13, 2011

2/13 Expressions

My daughter learned a lesson in finances yesterday.  She purchased a "like new" pair of jeans at a thrift store for $1 last year.  She took them to Plato's Closet and got $10 for them.  She was pretty thrilled that she made $9.  Now she is thinking of opening her own store - believe me, she has a few years to go :)  I am hoping the lesson sticks next time she goes clothes shopping :)  I am going to do some grocery maintenance this afternoon to clean out my fridge and freezer.  I am going to make soup with frozen turkey broth I made earlier, I have some sad looking cabbage, some left over mashed potatoes - free from Earth Fare, 1/2 a bag of baby carrots (got a free bag from Earth Fare yesterday), previously frozen bean soup, a small bit of "saw mill" gravy.  For my salad (lunch to take), free/cheap balsamic vinegarette, bag of spinach, l/o grape tomatoes, small pieces of turkey from the freezer, cucumbers from the neighbor. Also today, if you have a Publix and they double coupons - mine had BOGO Fiber One yogurt and there are printable .50/1 coupons - making a 4-pack .25 plus tax - great to take for lunch/snack/breakfast.

No comments: