Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2/15 Expressions

Mailbag:  I got my rebate check from ebates and my reward coupon from ULTA.  Tomorrow, my daughter and I have an appointment with the personal trainer at the "Y" to get a personalized fitness program.  We also plan to attend our Credit Union's Annual membership meeting - at a very nice hotel - they will be serving appetizers - and giving away door prizes - along with telling us how wonderful they are (they really are :)  I have an appointment with a counter-top company to give me an estimate - this house is 20 years old and has white formica? - with scratches.  If we sell, we probably need granite in there - and this place has some on sale for $23/sq.ft.  Good thing I don't have that much in the way of counter-tops.  I read "kitchens" used to be the big selling point - but now, it is not an area where costs are easily recovered.  I think we will restain the cabinet door/frame ourselves and update the hardware.  That will be the extent - maybe have a dishwasher installed since the one in there appears to be on its last leg.  I have an inquiry on my Craigslist barter ad . . . I am hoping we can strike a deal.  I am also glad I ordered Behr painting supplies for 75% off with free shipping and went through mypoints because we will definitely need to do some painting.

No comments: