Thursday, April 19, 2012

4/19 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  Today I stayed home and took my daughter to the Dr.  While she rested, I shopped at Aldi and came in under the cash I had in my wallet.  Lots of good deals on produce this week - and I even purchased 3 pots of 3 Asiatic Lilies for .99 each - originally 2.99.  Those are planted with the Petunias I got from Lowes this past Friday (yes - a bit slow).  She had a tutoring appointment this afternoon - so, I gook her and pictured above are my shopping bags.  At Coldwater Creek - I got a nice shirt I can wear to work for $1.34 - original price was $49.95 plus tax.  Free panties from Victoria's Secret.  I also got a free tall vanilla latte from Barnes and Noble - we used a BOGO coupon - my daughter "paid" for her drink with a freebie gift card.  Not a bad haul.  I also got a bunch of cooking done.  I baked/roasted potatoes and red peppers and apples/oatmeal before they went "bad".  Also cooked up a batch of brown rice.  Vegetarian Curry and Spring Rolls were cooked on the stove.  Oh, I also mailed out my half.com and ebay sales.  I hope to leave work early tomorrow and catch up on some cleaning - yup - boring I know - but it needs to be done.  Next Friday - I get 1 hour cleaning by two people - yippee!

No comments: