Wednesday, October 24, 2012

10/24 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  Made a small deposit to try to get the savings account to where I had set a goal and of course I got a nice cup of coffee from the credit union.  I may have been a bit too aggressive - but I have a couple more months to catch up.  I received my order from Lowes - 2 black-out drapes for the condo.  I also received "The New Three-Legged Stool" that I won from a giveaway at http://www.myretirementblog.com/ .  The good news is:  this year, maintenance-wise, we have very little to do - other than hang some drapes and pictures (our choice) and replenish some inventory.  However, it was suggested that we replace our cabinets in the kitchen and bathroom - not because there is anything wrong with them - but because they are "outdated".  So, we got our third quote in.  The first quote was $2,900 to replace the doors and hardware.  The second quote was $3-7K for veneer to be placed on the existing cabinets with new hardware.  And the third quote - $1,800 to replace the doors and hardware!  So, we will be going with the third quote since this contractor actually went to the condo to prepare his quote - and he was recommended by a reputable counter store.  So, it took several weeks - but, that's at least and $1,100 saving!

No comments: