Sunday, October 28, 2012

10/28 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  My daughter and I donated school supplies we had already stockpiled - to walk around the local botanical gardens.  Nice to donate stuff - and be able to enjoy a nice afternoon look at others' creativity - scarecrow displays.  I plan to finish the dog's jogging suit this afternoon as the weather is turning cold.  Hopefully she will appreciate it when the weather is cooler.  I also made a nice crockpot of curried potato stew - it turned out delicious.  We are set for the rest of the week and should not have any reason to eat out :)  This month has flown by.  My husband gave out trick or treating candy last week in the town w/our foreclousure home.  He said he had about 80 Treaters - and was glad he bought a large bag of chocolates to give out - in addition to the free bag of candy we got at Earthfare - and a couple of packs of chocolate I got at Rite Aid with UP dollars.  This week we will have Treaters visiting.  We used to get a handfull - last year about 20 - not sure what this year will bring - but I have 6 packages of snack sized chocolates using UP dollars from Rite Aid and 2 bags of organic suckers my daughter and I got for "free" at Earthfare. 

No comments: