Monday, October 8, 2012

10/8 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  This is the first year my daughter did not get Columbus Day off . . . so, my husband and I had a date day.  We started with watching "Trouble with the Curve" as a matinee - 10:40 this morning.  It was a good movie - especially for someone who normally doesn't like to go to movies.  Then, I purchased a groupon last night - for lunch out.  I also purchased a groupon for self serve yogurt - yum.  Then we headed to Target - I got 4 .99 Archer Farm coffee - great to take to the condo - or to try different flavors - using the $1.50/2 Target coupon.  I also ended up getting 2 Nestle Refrigerated Cookie doughs for just over .50 each after sale/coupons - and they went into the freezer.  My daugher has had a need for a snack for a class - this will make it easy - and no need to run to the grocery store at the last minute.  I also did some sewing and have a project to work on during lunch tomorrow.  I have also been thinking about "Trick or Treating" - I am wondering if I should offer stuff instead of candy - trial sized Bath and Body Lotions I got for free, extra packs of Bic Pens and Pencils I got for next to nothing, etc.   I was thinking it would be a great way to declutter, and perhaps give things that might be a treasure to others.  I was thinking of having some candy on hand for those that would rather have candy - but not go overboard.  I heard from the claims attorney regarding our other property at the beach.  Seems it may be possible to collect a bit.  It would pay about 1/2 of our property taxes we plan to pay at the end of December.  I am also awaiting a refund of property taxes from our foreclosure property.  It would be nice if we could pay it all with "unexpected" money :)  Still waiting to see if the IRS will refund a bit of our $ too - should know by the middle of November.  And the nice thing about November for me - is that it is an extra paycheck month.  I am also hoping to get a small bonus at work.  So, perhaps the taxes will be covered.  Also, we are working on a couple of credit card deals - hopefully, we will earn the $900 by then too.

No comments: