Friday, June 10, 2011

6/10 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  This morning, I made a frugal Omelet and entered the recipe into a contest.  I signed up with All-You (great web-site and magazine for the frugal - lots of coupons and money saving tips) to get a coupon for a free pack of the new Borden Singles - the offer asked if I was willing to create a recipe - of course :)  So, I got the 3-Cheese Italian.  First photo is of the ingredients - As you can see - I got the Manager's Special Cage free eggs for $1.29 a dozen, the EVOO - I got on BOGO at Publix plus coupon, used a dash of sea salt, Italian seasoning, and pepper, free 3-Cheese Italian Borden's cheese singles (note:  they did not ask me to post this, nor am I getting paid to do so) - and a pinch of fresh oregano and thyme from my herb "garden" :)  Easy, tasty and frugal :)  Since all three of us are home today - we are going to stop at thrift stores.  My daughter has an idea, to earn more pocket money for her Alaska trip, she is going to see if she can find current, brand name items and take them to Plato's and earn some cash.  We shall see.  She will learn about market demands, pricing, the cost of inventory, etc.  Hopefully, it will be a pleasant experience.  She will be spending her own money for inventory.  My husband and I will be there for transportation, advice, and entertainment :)

No comments: