Monday, June 6, 2011

6/6 Expressions

Frugal busts for the day:  We withdrew our counter-offer on the short-sale.  It was the worst experience we have ever had.  It is true, the banks are not negotiating in good faith.  I honestly think the person handling the short-sale wanted us to pay for the bank's mistake - loaning waaay too much money to the owner.  And being out-of-state, not realizing that the market has fallen and sometimes it is better to cut one's losses.  So, my husband looked at a foreclosure.  Unfortunately, this one had visible mold.  So, back to the drawing board.  Another bust, my daughter and quickly stitched a dress by cutting my old dress skirt and sewing it to a newly purchased shirt on sale for $5.  It looked fine - but my daughter wanted the skirt portion shorter.  I thought if we could shorten the waist portion, it would be fine.  I came home and shortened the waste - big mistake.  Now the dress just fits poorly.  So, back to the drawing board.  We are going to look for a replacement top.  Not sure what I will do with the cut-up shirt.  Mailbag:  I got a free Woman's Day and 10 first class postage stamps - my "payment" for being a mail "decoy".  All-in-all, I just want to hit the hay and re-group for a new day.

No comments: