Sunday, June 5, 2011

6/5 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  Actually yesterday.  My husband sent a text to the realtor regarding the short-sale - he gave the bank until noon tomorrow to respond - as that is the time we want to withdraw our offer.  She told my husband the bank would respond ASAP on Thursday morning.  I told my husband, this bank has not been negotiating in good faith - and I really don't want to buy from them.  We also found a foreclosure just 2 streets over - 1/2 the size and 1/2 the price.  The lot appears to be the same size.  Seems to be a better deal to me.  Less cash out, less risk.  Also, the points to his new hotel account have not posted - so, another week in which we have to pay out of pocket.  He is going to call Monday and see if he can get the points posted.  We are hoping if he still needs temporary housing for another week, he can pay for it in points instead of cash.  Hopefully, he can buy this second property quickly and be done with this whole temporary housing thing.  Since we went to Costco's yesterday, I do not want to do anymore household good shopping.  So, we are going to get creative and use stuff around the house.  Unfortunately, we don't have any more extra rolls of toilet paper.  I am frugal, but one thing I don't want people to skimp on is TP.  But, I also have 2 tubs of those Cottonelle flushable wipes that I got for free.  So, if we run out, we will be using those up.  Oh, and the dog got a good bill of health from the Banfield vet yesterday.  That exam was worth just under $40.  My daughter and I went through some of my clothing.  She is not interested in the clothes as they are, but is interested in upcycling them or altering them.  Today's dresses seem pretty simple - from a pattern standpoint, so, it will be a good way to teach her without the fear of "ruining" something.  Cheaper to fill-in with upcycled stuff too :)  And, I spent a few minutes on ebay - I bid on  a few items to spruce up my summer work wear.  It is unbearably hot, and my summer shoes are pretty worn out.  So, hopefully, I will "win" a few items soon.  I also looked for sleeveless shells - OMG on what some of it is priced at $7X . . . I bid on two that are under $10 plus shipping.  I also got a button-down white shirt - for $16 shipped.  It is hard to find plain button down shirts - I am glad to have found one. 

No comments: