Wednesday, June 1, 2011

6/1 Expressions

Mailbag:  Folgers sample.  Short-sale:  the realtor thinks the bank is going to counter-offer without an appraisal in the next day or so.  So, we shall see.  Not so frugal:  I needed to fill-up today - gas was cheaper - but my Murphy's Gas coupon for $2 off $25 expired yesterday :(  My husband and daughter will be running errands on Friday - I need to get my return contact ready to be shipped back.  There's going to be an estate sale starting tomorrow.  Mostly sports memorabilia, some antiques, and great outdoor furniture.  Everything is priced.  Friday, the price goes down 25% and Saturday, the price goes down 50%.  My daughter and I are going Saturday.  We are hoping the outdoor furniture (several sets) - will still be available.  I want a set for the condo - that salt water is very harsh - on metals.  If the price is right, I might get a set for our deck - and eventually take it to the home I hope my husband gets in the short sale as it has a sun room.  The house is in a smaller town - I e-mailed the Chamber of Commerce yesterday asking if it is against the city ordinance to raise a few chickens and a goat.  My husband laughed his head off - but I was serious.  If I "retire" - I would love to have a couple of fresh eggs every day and make my own goat cheese - have a natural lawn mower, free fertilizer, pest control, etc. :)  I haven't heard back from the Chamber - I sure hope they don't think I am joking.

No comments: