Saturday, June 18, 2011

6/18 Expressions

Tomorrow is Father's Day - but we are celebrating today.  This week, I am determined not to shop at the grocery store.  So, for our Father's Day luncheon, my husband baked 2 pies we had in the freezer - they are small 4 servings each.  The apple pie is gone between lunch yesterday and breakfast today.  But, no one was "allowed" to touch the berry pie.  I also had a tub of whipped cream in the freezer.  The lasagna in the freezer will be the main course, I have some organic lettuce - two kinds that will make up the green salad with the "Biltmore Orange Poppy Seed" dressing I got on Manager's Special from Kroger.  I am also going to bake an eggplant with my lasagna - and it will become a Mediterranean Eggplant Salad and hors de'oeuvres whole wheat crackers with goat cheese, sprinkled with dried cranberries and chopped walnuts.    Dinner is also planned with leftovers.  And tomorrow morning, my daughter will make her dad a pancake breakfast :)  Later this afternoon, we plan to stop at a charity auction for an animal rescue society.  Hopefully, we will win some goodies - our dog could use a certificate or two for a bath and grooming :)

No comments: