Monday, November 14, 2011

11/14 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  My daughter and I had a "smart" idea last night.  I was going to order discounted gift cards to use on Black Friday.  Looks like a lot of people already beat us to it.  We wanted Barnes and Noble, TJ Maxx, and Lowes.  Could not find any at any of the web-sites we check :(  Last night, we were at Barnes and Noble and ordered a book she needed for class and each had a specialty drink.  Noticed they had their Gift Cards on sale for $100 - get a $10 promo.  Anyway, I will be out of gift card funding after her book comes in.  The cashier said - you sure have a bunch of gift cards - I used up one and had to start on my other.  Today, I will go to the bank and get some cash - and head back to Aldi to get a few more ingredients.  I am going to try a pumpkin cheesecake recipe - and freeze them for Thanksgiving.  Also, my neighbor's sign has changed from "pending" to sold - so, I will get her a giftcard to Earthfare - so they can eat a few meals while in the moving process.  I am also going to take a load of dry cleaning to the place I got a 1/2 priced gift certificate for.  I may also pop into the "other" beauty school and get a trim.  My hair needs some shaping and for $10 plus tip - it would be well worth it. 

No comments: