Friday, November 18, 2011

11/18 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  I contacted the realtor about 2 short-sale condos - 1 has sold.  The other, I would be interested if I could drop the price about 15%.  Just sent him an e-mail.  Tomorrow, I will mainly concentrate on cleaning and preparing a few meals ahead.  Today during lunch,  I made a quick trip to the grocery stores.  I got a turkey for .59/lb - frozen - it will be defrosting until Thursday a.m.  Trying to decide if I want to stuff one into the freezer for later.  My husband excitedly told me that he used a coupon today :)  He also called the tax assessor's office in his State - and taxes are considered late around mid-February.  Here - 1 Jan of the new year.  So, that gives us some breathing room.  We are protesting the taxes in January as they are about 25% too high based on our calculations.  So, we shall see.  My husband called the condo manager and she stated that the maintenance crew have not put the new furniture together - but when they do, they will update the pictures and description of our condo.  We sold another video game on half.com.  My daughter will have a small chunk of change to add to her camera fund at the end of the month.

No comments: