Friday, November 4, 2011

11/4 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the week:  The kitchen is pretty much back to being operational.  Monday, they will do a bit of touch up work.  Tomorrow, I need to clean, clean, clean.  I also miss eating a home cooked meal.  After guitar lessons, we stopped at a local supermarket with the best meat prices.  I got a 10 lb bag of leg quarters for $6.90 - and half of them are in the crockpot cooking now.  The dog will get some, the broth will be used for soup stock (minus the fat), and I may cook at few in meals.  I also need to round out the rest of the inventory we need to buy for condo.  I ordered a sofa sleeper matching chair on Overstock.com - with discounts and free shipping - I got the set for $727 - plus will have $36 in my "O" account to spend next time - and used my 1% back credit card - so, I should be able to order a $25 Gift Card after this purchase.  We are going to wait to purchase the refrigerator.  The condo association will take the current sofa sleeper/chair/fridge for a local charity auction.  I am going to cull the pantry again.  Any opened item/old - will be dumped in the trash or compost.  I hope to consciously keep track of what I have in there and start using it up.  It is great that we are in the fall/winter season - so, lots of soups will be made in the crockpot.  Tomorrow, I plan to do some extra food preparations - cook the last pumpkin, perhaps make pumpkin custard, a soup, salad, and ??? depending on what I come across.  My daughter and I plan to have a nice sushi meal with a Restaurant.Com coupon.  It cost me $2 for a $25 off $35 gift certificate and I got a few mypoints and a few cents back on my credit card. 

No comments: