Friday, February 17, 2012

2/17 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  I made breakfast smoothies this morning and for lunch, we picked up our Little Caesar's deal that cost $0 out of pocket for lunch with leftovers.  We also stopped at our favorite thriftstore and purchased nothing.  Then to the mall, with coupons, we got 2 pairs of underwear from Victoria's Secret for free and my daughter also got a nice shirt for free.  Then to Ulta to pick up our free quarter reward and my daughter got a really nice hair product - normally $13 plus tax for free.  Then to Bed, Bath & Beyond for a lap desk - with coupon and gift card - no additonal money out of our pockets.  After we came home - I took a nice long nap - and was glad to see the stock market did okay today.  My husband and daughter ran the rest of the errands - went to view the professional photos - we are getting the CD in the mail - they suggested my daughter sign-up with a modeling agency . . . we shall see - we do not want it to interfere with her education.  They also picked up the drycleaning - sure miss the coupons.  They went to guitar lessons and for the first time in a long time - they did not stop for a take 'n bake pizza (even though we get a free one) because we still have leftovers.  I just made a reservation through Open Table (worth 1,000 points - need 2,000 for a $20 gift certificate) to our favorite restaurant to celebrate our 23rd wedding anniversary - and the restaurant sent us a $20 gift certificate for a small break in the price too.  I redeemed my previous 2,000 points from opentable.com for a $20 gift certificate - but it has not arrived in the mail.  Tomorrow for lunch, it will be just the "girls" - my daughter, her BFF, and her BFF's mother and I going out for lunch with a restaurant.com 80% discounted gift certificate and the "girls" will be spiffed up with a deeply discounted beauty pamering session from the beauty school - too bad they had an age limit - it is $25 for 2 people (plus tip of course:) for hair, make-up, facial, mani-pedi - I am sure not in that order :)  Added:  Oh, and I just redeemed some mypoints for a $10 Barnes and Noble giftcard to help feed my husband's and daughter's nooks.

No comments: