Saturday, February 4, 2012

2/4 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  Pictured above are the Daffodils that have decided to bloom.  The weather has been so odd.  I was going to spend most of the day cleaning - but I picked up my daughter from a sleepover and then took her to the beauty school to have her hair "done".  Then I stopped at Wal-mart and picked up a few more grocery items and headed home to clean.  But instead, I took a short nap.  I then picked up my daughter and we headed for Burger King for their free onion rings.  Much to my daughter's delight, they now serve Veggie Burgers - I opted for a vanilla iced coffee.  Then rain started and it started to get cold.  So, instead of turning the heat up, I decided to do some cooking for meals to cover today and the next couple of days.  I ended up making coconut macaroons - yummy - and half are in the freezer - the other half for this week - if they last.  I used the Thai Curry sauce with tofu, mushrooms, spinach and carrots.  Also cooked a batch of brown rice.  To use up my Glen Muir organic tomato paste and sauce, I used the last (I found another bag in the freezer) of veggie crumbles, mushrooms, spinach, a bit of basil pesto.  I made a big batch of wheat pasta - part of it got mixed with a bit of EVOO, basil pesto, sun dried tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese.  I baked the rest of the pasta with the sauce with a bit of mozzarela on top.  And to use up some apples - I used the rest of macaroon batter, added the sliced apples, topped with a bit of butter, brown sugar, and oats.  Tomorrow, I will make a salad - have lots of asparagus, artisian lettuce, spinach, carrots, etc. left.

No comments: