Monday, February 20, 2012

2/20 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  Pictured above is our "new shoe station".  I repurposed a former toy box (now a shoe storage box) and a pillow and a cushion - and now we have a place to put shoes that aren't worn on a daily basis and a place to sit to put our shoes on.  Note - unfinished cabinets - yup, we plan on getting to them eventually.  In other news, I went to Office Depot, through ebates, and ordered $61.XX worth of coffee plus tax through the "work life" rewards program.  So, although the coffee is "free" - the fact is, I spent $61.XX for coffee.  Here's the plan, so, I will get 1 percent back from ebates, 1 percent back from my credit card company, and I got free shipping, my husband and I will be stocked with coffee for the next couple of months.  When the rewards becomes available, we will spend it on office supplies that we need at that time, usually printer ink or school supplies.  So, in the end, the coffee if very cheap.  I also listed 2 more items on Amazon.Com for our France Fun fund :)  And while I am mostly going to be relaxing today - there are a few more towels from "Black Friday" I want to finish embellishing so I can place them in service :)  My husband is mowing the weeds that have sprung up in the front yard and I will be calling the lawn service (from the livingsocial deal) to weed 'n feed it.  We just have the front yard treated - even though the company claims to be environmentally friendly, we really don't want to put anything that might not agree with the pooch in the back yard.

No comments: