Saturday, May 12, 2012

5/12 Expressions


Frugal deeds for the day:  Well, my husband and daughter decided not participate in the yardsale - and I agreed.  We really don't have much left to sell.  So, they wanted to know where I wanted to eat out for Mother's Day.  My preference is to not eat out.  My wish for today is to stay in my comfy clothes and do whatever I wanted to do.  My husband cooked breakfast and I wanted to cook lunch - but no dishes!  Then, I went through a couple of junk drawers - and threw out some small bags of trash and also found some useful items :)  Then, while in the garage, I decided I needed to organize my craft supplies.  After is my "before" and "after" organizers.  I purchased the canisters over 10 years ago at a yard sale - I paid between $3 and $5 for the set.  Of course that wasn't dirt cheap - but counter clutter in the kitchen is now "out".  So, the set has probably been sitting in the garage the last 8 years or so.  I found self stick sample labels from post-it - so, those containers - my husband washed off the years of dust for me will be label - probably thread, buttons, ribbon, and misc.  That will get rid of a bunch of clutter and keep me from hours of searching or buying more stuff that I already have - and I love the teal color to add some interest to my craft storage collection - how's that for a frugal Mother's Day.  Sadly, although I asked if flowers were purchased - that they come from Aldi - instead, I got overpriced Kroger flowers - but atleast they aren't as bad a florist flowers and a box of overpriced chocolate covered strawberries from Kroger too.  Of course those will be shared - and the purchaser seems to enjoy them more than I do ;)

No comments: