Monday, May 14, 2012

5/14 Expressons

Frugal deeds for the day:  I extended my break from my day job - and decided to work around the house.  After spending the weekend doing what I wanted to do, I thought today was a good day to do what needs to be done.  So, my fridge needed some help.  I purchased a bag of triple washed collard greens on a Manager's Special for .75.  It is now in the crockpot with a bit of leftover chicken, a bit of tomatoes, and brown rice.  I will be having some healthy soup over the next couple of days.  I also wanted to use up some peanut butter - In this month's Woman's Day - there is a terrific peanut butter cookie recipe - only 4 ingredients - and after having tasted one - they are fabulous.  Also, while the cookies were baking, I put in a pan of oatmeal with a chopped up apple in the oven.  Next, I had 1 more grapefruit and 2 clementines that were a bit past their prime.  So, they are now fermenting to make a citrus enzyme cleaner concentrate - found the recipe on the web.  Also while cleaning out the cluttered drawers, I found an Exercise Band.  I need to start building some muscle - so, I printed out 12 simple exercises using my freebie exercise band.  For breakfast and lunch, I ate leftovers.  Next, I need to plant a few more seeds and fry the manager's special $1 bag of kale I got - it is a request from my daughter.  Oh, I need to file a property tax protest.  We got an e-mail from the HOA for the beach property we own - the vacant land - seems insteading of going up, it should have gone down - so, I will go with the crowd and see if we can lower our property taxes a bit more.  My dear husband mailed out my half.com sales package for me.  So, no errands for me today outside of the house.

No comments: