Saturday, May 19, 2012

5/19 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  I had really good intentions.  This morning, I went to Kroger and used a bunch of  coupons and my grocery bill was $26.XX.  Then to Aldi for produce and sugar - just under $10.  Then I decided to go to the thrift store to purchase a few summer clothing items - needs some color and lighter clothes as it seems to be hot and we will be doing a lot of walking in France.  Well - they are having a 50% off sale.  I ended up getting 5 pair of pants, 10 shirts and blouses, 3 work jackets, and 1 skirt.  1 decorator item for my daughter's bathroom, 2 trivets, 15 votives, 1 Lefton sugar container, and a wooden shelf.  My bill was $86.  Most of the clothes were good brands - coldwater creek, Jones of NY, etc.  So, I could have spent that much on a few pieces - but, I did go a bit overboard.  But, I purchased some "fun" clothing for the weekends - okay, done justifying.  We had a nice strawberry/banana smoothie for breakfast to use up some of the fruit in the freezer.  We will eat a very light dinner because we are going to the museum event this evening.

No comments: