Saturday, September 29, 2012

9/29 Expressions

Frugal deed for the day:  Did I mention I found another rebate form yesterday - this one was get $5 back when you spend $50 on groceries.  So, it was a double play for me yesterday at Publix.  I used my $6 off $60 from Kroger, plus other coupons, and mailed in for a $5 rebate on top of that.  Today, I got a $5 prepaid Visa from Proctor & Gamble for the rebate I submitted approximately a month ago.  I also found some elastic in one of my sewing bins and now, my favorite velour sweat pants - no tears - just bad elastic - are as good as new.  Got another property tax bill for another rental.  Due now, considered late after the last day of the year - so, we pay them all at the end of December.  My husband called the tax assessor for our foreclosure property - they still have not made a determination as to what the final valuation will be.  Too bad they don't pay interest :(  I just called and paid the balance of our insurance (auto/property) on my new AMEX card - have til almost the end of the year to earn the $500.  My husband is working on earning $400 on his Visa card.

No comments: